Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Toothpick Truss Bridge Blueprint

I do know who clicks on the banners

Yesterday I read a post on marketingdirecto.com which I guess is the owner sought a morbid "do not know anyone who has clicked on a banner removing the phrase from the interview with Gaby Castellanos they posted. I say it will be a resource owner, because knowing the curriculum of G. Castellanos, who defines itself in its web as "The Most important european social media and social media strategist brander" but comes from the world of online advertising, I'm sure you did not mean what it says.

understand that in an effort to communicate and to advocate the benefits of Social Media, to which his agency is dedicated with enthusiasm and undoubted success, wants to minimize the potential of advertising, say traditional, compared to other possibilities .
And I understand well, because in that interview, she it adds: "Tell me about advertising on Facebook where we can know what really matters to the consumer, then yes tell me about CPC"
Well let's talk about advertising on Facebook and any other website. Why Facebook ads are not only banners. Banners with a unified design for all advertisers, but banners. There are other forms of advertising on Facebook and the applications to fan pages, but if we are talking about banners, talking about the ads on Facebook. Some ads, or banners, I do not know if I know someone personally who has clicked, but I've done it and not try. And like me, if we look at the data offered by Facebook, if they declare a income of 1,500 MM € in terms of advertising which is all they sell because the service is free and has 500 MM users, the accounts are clear: nearly 3 per user, mean many, many clicks (when the average cost is 0.50 € / click).

And speaking of banners with dry, I also know people who clicked on other sites. I do not know their names, but Clent visiting pages to which they manage their campaigns with Google AdWords, I'm sure Castellanos knows better than me, and has the ability to upload graphic formats ads of various sizes ( banners, skycrappers, etc.) as lick elllos Content Network Display or private sites that are related (for example, thousands of blogs on Blogger.)

working or not working? Do they click on them or not? To check, I show the data on any given day in any campaign I see: The campaign is not particularly good, because it fails a CTR over 1%, but that is why it is very and put significant example, since you can see how the ads ("Display") have better response rate than traditional classified ads in AdWords, and get a better average position. All with the same cost per click (CPC).

The Social Media is fantastic. As well as media information, customer loyalty, brand building, community engagement and everything else, but above all, is a carrier, half and something that we must combine a mix rightly marketing. Social Media And that is very much alive, does not mean that advertising is dead. Not yet. Moves and pays the bills of social media.

UPDATE: 03/17/2011 (13:39) I forgot a small details ... almost anything ... minor and such. The campaign that I have set an example managed to 4,617,689 impressions appropriate to their target sites. Nearly five million visual impacts ... FREE . If it was my brand, maybe I care a damn to do here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment